We started this week with a bathroom in which plywood was in place to receive wall tiles (see above), and floor tiles.
First, we boxed in the waste water plumbing, and then started plaster boarding around it.
Then we tiled the floor, after Mike had installed the shower tray, just out of shot top right here, and once the tile cement had properly gone off…
…we installed the wall tiles for the shower surround. Once that had been done, and whilst the glue dried, we returned to boxing in the pipework.
Sadly, when Mike returned from the builders merchants this morning proudly bearing his 90 degree bend, we found that we were more tired than perhaps we had realised. We had previously carefully installed stud work to support the plasterboard, but now know we had not put the centre stud in a sensible place.
When Mike tried to fit the bend, it was not possible as the stud obstructed access. Oh well, nothing that a decent handsaw couldn’t resolve. As you can see, Mike cut through the stud to let the bend be installed, and later reinforced the stud work with additional pieces of wood…
…and plastered over so none of us can see it anymore.
Also this week, whilst waiting for things to dry, we have installed two doorways – one into the bedroom seen above, and one into what will become the sitting room behind Mike above,
and visible here, through the bedroom door.
So, in short, nothing very dramatic this week on the refurb front, just steady progress. Our excitement this week came last night, when the village treasure hunt finished at Plas, and Mike and I were cooking for the all the brave souls who managed to follow the clues and find their way here. As far as we can tell, a great time was had by all and more money raised by the organisers for the Eisteddfod fund.