To save any anxiety – in case you were worried whether we had made any progress this week – I can confirm that the kitchen and lobby are beginning to shape up, and any day now we should be able to re-glaze the front door (which I am really looking forward to as the lobby is currently rather dim).
In no particular order we have:
– finished painting the walls in the kitchen and the lobby (and fitted skirting boars to the lobby)
– flowed a poured cement/latex finish onto the kitchen floor, and then painted with an antibacterial epoxy finish (see far below)
– prepared the electrics for inspection early next week
– fitted the door on the kitchen store
– stripped the paint from the front door, and then primed it
– been visited by Rhydian from the National Park to instruct us on the detailed use of weedkiller to eradicate some very unwelcome plants over the next few months.
So far, so regular. We are particularly proud of two more recent achievements:
– firstly, we have fitted the cooker ‘hood’ to the wall. This was quite a tricky business as it required drilling holes in both the cooker hood and the wall which had to line up with batons in the wall, and with each other. Second time lucky with that one, and that was only because the hood is so heavy required all three of us to hold it up…
– and secondly, we have installed the vent from the hood to the external wall, which necessitated building a wooden surround across the ceiling (since this will be washable, whereas it would be quite a challenge to clean the flexible ribbed aluminium hose which now runs through this box).
So, all in all, we are looking forward to our rest day tomorrow!