New door, new vista…

With the Juliet balcony fixed in place, it was time to replace the door. As it happens, the door frame also had to be replaced. When Mike and Niall started to strip out the old door frame they found that the old frame had been bricked into place, so removing the frame also disturbed someof the slate work. It never rains but…

Below, you can see the new frame is in and the door has been hung. The instructions said the door should be stained within one hour of its being unpacked. We missed that deadline a little, but none the less the mahogany stain was produced in short order to protect the frame from the expected rain.

Afterwards, on careful consideration, we decided we didn’t think mahogany was the right colour, so Mike is slowly overpainting with a walnut stain which we hope will tone better with the slate.

We have a little more remedial work to do before the scaffolding tower can be removed. You may notice that the area around the soil pipe to the left of the door has never been properly finished, and we really need to get this done asap because the suites are getting busier by the day and we have had some comments about the tower and how offputting it can be…

2 thoughts on “New door, new vista…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *