Progress on the restaurant over the past few days has been pleasing. Tim has motored away, painting another section of ceiling white along with several additional walls now covered in mist coat followed by yellow (or I should say ‘Lemon Ice’?)
Mike has plastered the remaining section of wall, we have laid the last of the tiles in the restaurant and grouted a few more tiles, and also put up the first of the new wall lights.
Di, Brian, Emma and Kimmy left yesterday having experienced a few rather wet days in North Wales. Photo of Kimmy below (sorry Di, Brian and Emma, we don’t appear to have taken any photos of you!)
Today we finished the priming and undercoating of several sections of skirting board, and then we all worked together to finish the battening and then plasterboard the kitchen store. This has been something of an exhilarating day as we had to work out how to do certain things as we went along, but I hope you will agree that it is beginning to look like a room.
We have also spent quite a bit of time producing new text for the web pages (still in draft, but I hope soon to appear) and completing a formal application to vary the premises license, made necessary by the alterations we have made to the layout of the ground floor.
And we have, sensibly but with no little regret, taken the definite decision to delay the opening by a week as we recognise we simply cannot rely on plaster drying out or the weather permitting gloss painting at the moment and think delaying by 7 days should improve our chances. So we now hope to open w/c 22nd August, but will keep you informed!