I am very pleased to be able to tell you that we are making progress now at a much improved rate. Yes, I know we had hoped to open this week, but it really is looking like it won’t be too long now.
On Monday, I did a lot of painting, both of woodwork, ceiling and walls. Mike plastered part of the kitchen and batoned the remainder of the kitchen. Given that this was the first sunny day for a very long time, we also took some photos of views ready for our web pages.
Phil arrived in the early evening, having volunteered to come and give us a hand for a few days.
So on Tuesday, we put Phil to work with the weedkiller to make a start on the paved driveway, and also move a heap of slate from one place to a less obtrusive place. Meanwhile, Mike moved from batoning to plumbing, whilst I painted more places. Mel arrived to weed the front flower bed and the area outside the restaurant.
And today, Jane our cook started and began by selecting recipes and making lists of things we need.
We have taken down one of the banner signs across the building advertising sky sports, and Phil has over-painted the other one. I finished painting and helped Mike cut and fit plasterboard in the kitchen.
The most enjoyable half hour, though, was spent with Phil mocking up some tables (after we had scrubbed the floor) so that we could see how near the restaurant is to completion!